I’ve been giving a lot of thought lately to the kind of person I’d like to see running for President of the U.S. of A. Here’re my thoughts, thus far:
- I do not care what gender this person is, or what religion or non-religion this person practices. I don’t care about this person’s ethnicity, or what generation this person is from, and I don’t care if this person ends sentences and phrases with dangling prepositions.
- I want a leader who can inspire the people of my nation to be kinder, braver, more honest, more selfless, less hateful, and less bigoted.
- I want a leader who values education, and has made an effort to keep learning and seek wisdom.
- I want a leader who is humbled by power, and knows when to use it – and when not to use it.
- I want a leader who understands that a President is an employee of the people – elected by the people to serve, not be served.
- I want a leader with a vision for the future that includes peace and prosperity for all.
- I want a leader who can give us hope.
- I want a leader who cares about others.
- I want a leader who believes that good can win.
- I want a leader who believes that love is power.
Anybody got anything they’d like to add?